03 May Excellent Summer Employment (or To-Hire) @ Lowe’s (Rockford, IL)
What’s a summer without a summer job? Fun, of course! Until you run out of $$$. Then it is BORING.
FurstStaffing has excellent summer jobs (and Furst-to-Hire jobs) throughout our 4 offices (Rockford, Dekalb, Stockton & Darlington).
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF ONE OPPORTUNITY THROUGH OUR ROCKFORD OFFICE.
FurstStaffing is now hiring for the Lowe’s Distribution Center in Rockford, IL.
Earn $11.00/hr. on DAYS and $11.50/hr. on NIGHTS and WEEKENDS!
Night Shift: Monday through Thursday – 6pm to 4:30am
Weekend Day Shift: Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 6am to 6:30pm
Day Shift: Monday through Thursday – 6am to 4:30pm
SUMMER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON ALL SHIFTS!
BONUS: Enjoy a 3 to 4 day work week & take advantage of 3 or 4 days OFF each week!
Student are welcome to stay on and work if they are returning to a local college!
Here are some details of the job, the responsibilities, and requirements:
- Be responsible for receiving, processing, stocking, selecting, moving, and loading by hand or by powered industrial equipment, manufactured goods received by the distribution center in preparation for shipment to retail stores across the Midwest
- Be palletizing products and packing products to ensure safe transit
- Verify count of product received and selected for shipment, and audit the quality of work performed
- Will use non-motorized lifts and pallet jacks and may be trained on forklifts
- Will meet safety, accuracy, attendance and production standards for all assignments
- Stand for a full 10 to 12-hour shift on a cement floor and walk regularly and quickly through facility
- Engage in heavy lifting of up to 70 lbs., with regular lifting of 50 lbs., and bend, lift and twist
- Engage in the safe lifting of products that come in various weights, shapes and sizes
- Maintain a strong eye towards safety throughout the facility
- Think spatially and maximize the space – loading a truck is much like playing Tetris
- Work cooperatively in a team orientated environment
- Participate in daily team meetings and weekly safety trainings
- Be 18 or older and complete a pre-employment drug screen
HOW DO YOU APPLY OR LEARN MORE ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITIES AT LOWE’S?
To apply specifically to the jobs at Lowe’s please click HERE. If you visit our website HERE, you can search jobs, refer jobs to friends you think might be qualified, you can apply to a specific job or submit a general application. If you have questions, please call FurstStaffing @ 815.229.7810. If your call is specific to the opportunities at Lowe’s, please ask for Elisa, Nicole, Jasmyne or Suzanne.